I don’t know about you, but I love a good salad! For the longest time, I had an aversion to making my own salads, at home, because I was convinced they would never be as good as someone else’s. I am finally overcoming that horrible thought in my head, and doing some experimenting. I came up with this Kiwi and Pecan Summer Salad, which I found to be so YUM-O! I concocted a Poppyseed Salad Dressing (which is one of my faves), to go along with this refreshingly good salad. Just FYI, my salads don’t really have exact measurements, but I toss in however much looks good.
|Kiwi and Pecan Summer Salad|
- Chopped Romaine Lettuce (amount depends on how large a salad you want to make)
- 3 thinly sliced Kiwis,
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup blueberry craisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- shredded parmesan cheese, to top
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbs poppy seeds
- Toss all salad ingredients in a bowl, leaving the parmesan cheese for topping after tossing with the dressing.
- To make the salad dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- Shake well and pour dressing over salad. Toss until evenly coated, and top with cheese.
If you are making a smaller salad, use your judgment as to how much of the dressing to pour on. It is best to start with a small amount, toss, and add more if there isn’t enough dressing.
- Crock-Pot Cheesecake (cleverhousewife.com)
- Parmesan and Herb Bread (cleverhousewife.com)
- Caramel Rocky Road Brownies (cleverhousewife.com)