Lemon Crinkle Cookies
I told you that I will forever be on the hunt for more uses for lemon and zucchini, due to the fact that I have a thriving lemon tree, and my mom has thriving zucchini plants. This recipe just uses the lemons, but these Lemon Crinkle Cookies are delicioso! Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are one of my very favorite cookies, especially from this particular place in town. However, using Meyer lemons, you can make anything tasty. These Lemon Crinkle Cookies, inspired by Lauren’s Latest, are perfectly moist and choice, with that refreshing flavor of lemon. Perfect for Summer!
|Lemon Crinkle Cookies||
- ½ cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoons baking soda
- 1-½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. If using dark baking sheets, reduce cooking time by 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Scrape sides and mix again. Stir in all dry ingredients, excluding powdered sugar, slowly until just combined. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
- Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte. Cookies should not look melty or shiny.
- Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.