Pink Lemonade Pound Cake
This Pink Lemonade Cake recipe is a very fun and refreshing treat, for those hot Summer days. In fact, it sounds so refreshingly yummy right now as we approach some 100+ degree weather! I find desserts like this also pair well with Mexican dishes such as this Mexican Chicken Casserole. My mom found and prepared this Pink Lemonade Pound Cake yesterday, inspired by Sugar Baby Aprons. While the cake was SO Tasty and my kids ate theirs all up (and not just the icing, like they often do), hers did not come out quite as pink as the original recipe. I have no idea how she got hers so pink! The color isn’t what really counts though, right?
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup pink lemonade concentrate
- 4 drops pink or red food color, optional (we used 10, but still didn't quite get the Pink, Pink color)
- 1 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs milk
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour one 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, lemon pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, ½
- cup lemon concentrate and the milk. Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes to 1 hour. If your oven runs hot be sure to adjust accordingly!
- Remove from oven and prick cake all over with a fork. Immediately pour lemonade glaze over top of cake.
- Let cake stand in pan until almost cool.
- GLAZE: Combine 1 cup thawed frozen lemonade and the white sugar. Mix thoroughly and pour over warm cake.
- Using the glaze makes the cake really moist. You can use frosting in addition to the glaze, or in place of.
- FROSTING: Melt butter in a saucepan or microwave.
- Siftpowdered sugar into a medium size bowl, and add melted butter.
- Add milk and extract, and beat until smooth and creamy. Add more milk, little by little, if necessary.
- Mix in a few drops of pink food coloring, if desired.
- Drizzle over a cooled cake.
(My husband looked at this picture out of context and said, “That looks WEIRD. It looks like something with an eye looking up at you”)lol
Birthday party coming up. This would be great! Thanks for sharing!