Beets and Sweets Salad
I have an interesting, and delicious recipe for you today, that uses good ol’ stuff from your garden. I know that not everyone is a lover of beets and/or sweet potatoes, but this salad is pretty good if you are willing to give it a try. My Bel Air has something similar in their deli. My mom LOVS fresh beets AND Sweet Potatoes so just just had to give this recipe a try for Memorial Day. This Beets and Sweets Recipe is a great salad using fresh beets and sweet potatoes, which was adapted by Eat Well Living Thin.
|Beets And Sweets|
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 medium beets, peeled and diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt & freshly grated black pepper
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsb thyme
- 2 Tbs finely diced sweet onion
- 2 Tbs chopped, toasted pecans
- 2 Tbs dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbs minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs sugar free or regular honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground chipotle pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Toss beets in 1 tsp of olive oil and bake in a shallow dish for 20 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes to the baking dish and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, ancho chili powder and thym. Stir to coat. Roast for 25-30 minutes or just until fork tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, black pepper, and chipotle pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to a medium bowl. Stir in onions, pecans, cranberries, and parsley.
- Drizzle with dressing and gently stir until coated. Serve either warm, room temp or cold.