Marshmallow S’mores Bars
I just got back from a family reunion where I wanted to wow everyone with a fun and tasty treat. I decided to make these Marshmallow S’mores Bars, which comes from a Betty Crocker contest. If you can’t whip up a fire anytime you want, to roast marshmallows, this tasty S’mores treat will definitely do the trick. The kids loved them, and the adults loved them. The S’mores Bars are actually quite easy to make, which is a bonus. Another thing I realized during my family reunion is that I need a new camera!!!! My brother has a fabulous camera and was kind enough to take a picture of my yummy treats, for me.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix (1 lb 1.5 oz)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (I like to use the large Ghirardelli chips)
- 4½ cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large bowl, mix together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. I reduced the amount of butter slightly, and it worked out great. Use your own judgment for the consistency of the dough.
- Press dough into ungreased 13×9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Set oven to broil.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Place pan 5 to 6 inches from upper heat. Leave in oven for only 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.)
- Cool 10 minutes. Cut into bars and serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.