During the Summer, my mom’s garden produces an abundant amount of zucchini, which means we are always looking for new ways to enjoy that zucchini. If you find yourself in the same predicament, then I have a recipe that can serve as a tasty appetizer, side dish, or main dish for you – Zucchini Cakes! This Zucchini Cakes Recipe is adapted by a recipe from Just Putzing Around the Kitchen, and created by my mom. I plan on making these for the kids soon, because YUM!! I have a Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe coming your way soon too, and it was the best zucchini cake I have ever had!!
|Zucchini Cakes Recipe||
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese or mozzarella, grated
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup finely minced red pepper – optional
- Gently mix all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Heat a tsp or so olive oil in a skillet.
- Turn heat to medium, scoop a large spoonful (about 1/3 cup) zucchini mixture with an ice cream scoop and drop gently into skillet, then slightly flatten with the back of the scoop and press in loose edges with a spatula to make a nice patty.
- Cook about 4 min on each side – until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately, alone or with ranch dressing.